Chemistry (Ceimic) agus Science (Eolaíocht) Muinteoir (22hpw) required for Coláiste Ráithín, Bray, Co. Wicklow – KW462/SEP22
|Coláiste Ráithín, Bray, Co. Wicklow|
|Salary: Teachers Incremental Salary Scale will apply|
|Closing Date: 17/11/2022||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 20/10/2022|
Chemistry (Ceimic) agus Science (Eolaíocht) Muinteoir required for Coláiste Ráithín, Bray, Co. Wicklow 22 hpw approx.
Is Coláiste Ráithin agus múintear gach ábhar trí mheán na Gaeilge.
Mar sin tuigtear go mbeidh an cumas agus an toilteanas ag iarratasóirí feidhmiú trí mheán na Gaeilge
Coláiste Ráithin is an all-Irish second level school and all subjects are taught through the medium of Irish. Therefore it is expected that all applicants will have the facility and willingness to operate through the medium of Irish.
Kildare and Wicklow Education and Training Board invites applications for the above Pro-Rata or Part-time teaching post which may arise in School Session 2022 - 2023. Initial location, duration and provisional hours of work are listed above and may be subject to change. Should more vacancies arise posts may be filled from subject panels created as a result of this recruitment process.
- This is a Fixed Term Post.
- All appointments are subject to the approval of Department of Education & Skills and the Director(s) of the National Redeployment Scheme.
- All appointments are subject to registration with Teaching Council of Ireland. Please submit a copy of your Teaching Council Certificate of Registration in support of your application.
- Garda Vetting is Mandatory
- Qualifications, Salary Scale and Conditions of Service in accordance with the regulations of the Department of Education and Skills. Level 7 on the NFQ minimum qualification requirement.
- Appointment is to Kildare and Wicklow Education and Training Board.
- Shortlisting of applicants may take place.
- Canvassing will disqualify.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- KWETB is positive to disability and an equal opportunities employer.
KWETB Recruitment Competitions consist of a number of different stages.
Applicants must be successful at each stage before passing through to the next stage of the competition. The stages in our competition process are as follows:
· Qualifications Assessment
· Reference Check
· Medical Check
Offers of employment will only be made to candidates who have been successful at all stages of the competition process.
Applications for this post should be made online before the deadline of 12 noon on Thursday, 17th November 2022. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com or phone :
Avril Connolly at 087-7609276 or Laura McGrath at 087-3938059
Dr. Deirdre Keyes CHIEF EXECUTIVE
Privacy Notice: By applying for any position, working or volunteering with, or otherwise taking up any position within the ETB, you acknowledge that your personal data (including special category personal data) shall be processed by KWETB. This Privacy Notice gives you some helpful information about who we are, what personal data we collect about you and why, who we share it with and why, how long we keep it, and your rights. If you need more information, please see our Data Protection Policy available at http://kildarewicklow.etb.ie/about-us/data-protection/
Primary Function: The role of the teacher is to educate in accordance with the Teaching Council’s Code of Professional Conduct for Teachers, to provide learning and support, as appropriate, and to teach the curriculum subject area(s). Key Tasks:
• To assess students’ learning needs, design and implement programmes of instruction based on these individual needs.
• To engage with the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Curriculum at classroom and school level.
• To maintain a positive and co-operative working relationship with school management, other members of staff, pupils/students and the wider school community.
•To deliver the prescribed curriculum in accordance with KWETB and Department of Education and Skills requirements
Person Specification/Profile: Essential Requirements:
• Current Registration with the Teaching Council of Ireland.
• The academic qualifications, enthusiasm and confidence needed to teach the subject area.
• The skills needed to prepare and deliver enjoyable and effective lessons using teaching strategies that provide for the needs of all students in the class; and to incorporate information technology to enhance teaching and learning.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with students.
• A professional approach and the ability to work co-operatively and effectively with colleagues to develop professional relationships.
• Continually improve his/her professional knowledge and practice.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Be actively engaged members of his/her profession and the wider community. Teacher Competency
1. Professional Knowledge (Comprehension of Content and Pedagogy)
2. Professional Practice (Instruction & Classroom Environment, Planning & Preparation)
3. Professional Development
4. Professional Values & Relationships
5. Contribution to the School and Community (Extra-curricular / other competencies) Further information on these competencies is available in the attached document. In the application form you will be asked to outline, in no more than 200 words, one relevant example of how and where you have displayed each of these competencies. It is therefore recommended that you keep a copy of this job description open while completing your application. (PDF version available to download). Registration with the Teaching Council of Ireland
Already Registered? Log in here
Please note that even if you are already
registered for “CDETB and/or LWETB”,
you will have to create a new profile for DDLETB/KWETB.
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application