Youthreach Resource Person - Computer Applications/Word Processing - 37hpw - Youthreach Wicklow, Wicklow, Co. Wicklow - KW298/JUL20
|Wicklow Further Education & Training Centre, The Murrough, Wicklow Town, Co. Wicklow.|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 24/08/2020||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 24/07/2020|
Kildare and Wicklow Education and Training Board invites applications for the
Youthreach Resource Person - Computer Applications/Work Processing - 37 hours per week - Specific Purpose Contract to May 2021. (secondment replacement)
Wicklow Youthreach, Wicklow Further Education & Training Centre,
The Murrough, Wicklow Town, Co. Wicklow.
which may arise in School Session 2020-2021. Initial location, duration and provisional hours of work are listed above and may be subject to change. Should more vacancies arise posts may be filled from subject panels created as a result of this recruitment process.
This is a Purpose Contract (Secondment)
All appointments are subject to the approval of Department of Education & Skills.
Garda Vetting is Mandatory
- Qualifications, Salary Scale and Conditions of Service in accordance with the regulations of the Department of Education and Skills.
- Appointment is to Kildare and Wicklow Education and Training Board.
- Shortlisting of applicants may take place.
- Canvassing will disqualify.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- KWETB is positive to disability and an equal opportunities employer.
Applications for this post should be made online before the deadline of 12 noon on Monday 24th August 2020. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com or phone Deirdre at 0404 60542 or Avril, Laura 045-988000
Dr Deirdre Keyes CHIEF EXECUTIVE
Youthreach is an educational training and work experience programme for young people (aged 16 – 20 years) who have left school early. The aim is to develop the core skills needed for further learning and to prepare young people to progress to further education/training or to employment.
Duties of Youthreach Resource - CL12/03
- Responsibility to the Co-ordinator on a day to day basis for the delivery of the programme.
- Direct class contact in keeping with programme needs as required by the VEC subject to a maximum of 20:40 hours per week.
- Curriculum development and delivery, implementation of certification procedures
- and front line guidance and information
- Maintenance of discipline
- Development and monitoring of programme
- Assessment and monitoring of trainee course work
- Conducting interviews of trainees
- Administrative duties relevant to the post.
- To deputise when necessary for the Centre co-ordinator
- The technical/relevant academic qualifications, enthusiasm and confidence needed to deliver the subject area.
- The skills needed to prepare and deliver enjoyable and effective modules using appropriate learning strategies that provide for the needs of all students in the class; and to incorporate technology to enhance learning outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A professional approach and ability to work with colleagues to develop professional relationships.
- Continually improve his/her professional knowledge and practice.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application