Permanent Staff Officer (Grade V) , Procurement Administration , Corporate Services, KWETB Head Office, Naas, Co.Kildare - OPEN Competition - KWSO/20/01/MAY20
|Head Office, Aras Chill Dara, Devoy Park, Naas, Co.Kildare|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Administrative and Clerical||Permanent|
|Closing Date: 29/05/2020||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 14/05/2020|
Kildare and Wicklow Education and Training Board invites applications for the post of:
Permanent Staff Officer (Grade V), Procurement Administration, Corporate Services, KWETB Head Office, Naas, Co.Kildare - OPEN Competition - KWSO/20/01/MAY20
Job Title: Staff Officer (Grade V)
Hours per week: 37
Reporting to: Chief Executive, Director of Organisation Support and Development or Head of Department
Nature of Position: Permanent wholetime
€42,777 €44,138 €45,499, €46,861 €48,221, €48,221,€48,221,€49,798, €49,798, €49,798, €51,373
25 days per annum.
Please see information guide for more details
Closing date 12 noon on Friday 29th May 2020.Email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
In conjunction with the Corporate Services Management Team the Staff Officer will have responsibility, under general direction, for key areas of work which fall under the remit of the Corporate Services Department.
Initial duties will be Procurement Administration. KWETB is seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized Procurement Administrator to support the work of the Procurement Officer. The post holder will play a key role in procuring goods, services and construction related services, contract management for key suppliers and will have an important role in expenditure analysis and procurement planning for KWETB.
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Tasks/Duties and Responsibilities:
The Staff Officer, reporting to the Procurement Officer and to the Head of Corporate Services will have responsibility, under general direction, for procurement administration. The successful applicant will take responsibility for decision making, delivery of key outputs and deadlines for the section.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Monitoring and supporting compliance across KWETB schools and centres with the KWETB Procurement Policy, EU and national legislation and guidance and all relevant internal procedures
- Working closely with the KWETB Procurement Officer and the Head of Corporate Services, continue to develop and enhance the procurement function including its processes, policies, procedures and levels of output.
- Manage construction related procurement for KWETB working closely with internal stakeholders in the Buildings unit and external consultant’s/project management consultants and design teams.
- Meeting strict deadlines for tendering while ensuring quality and attention to detail is maintained.
- Ensure all procurements are undertaken in compliance with CWMF and Department of Education and Skills technical guidance.
- Development of the multi-annual procurement plan within required deadline each year.
- Ongoing analysis of expenditure analysis and procurement planning
- Assist in the development of a contract management function within the procurement section
- Optimisation of contract management process
- Implementation and administration of contract management software
- Preparation of files and responses for audits from bodies such as C&AG, IAU and the Department of Education and Skills
- Liaising with Office of Government Procurement, Education Procurement Services, Department of Education and Skills, ETBI and other external stakeholders as required
As part of the Corporate Services department, the Staff Officer will also be required to assist with other tasks, as required, by the Head of Corporate Services such as (but not limited to):
- Collaborating with other members of the Department in the development and maintenance of policies, procedures and processes
- Contribute expertise and support to Corporate Services strategic deliverables
- Carry out any other duties appropriate to the grade which may be assigned from time to time.
The list is not exhaustive, and may from time to time be determined by the regulations of the Department of Education and Skills.
Please see attached information guide for more information
Requirements and Eligibility for the post:
- have the requisite knowledge, skills and competencies to carry out the role. Competencies will be informed by best practice Public Appointment Service competency frameworks for the Irish Public Service;
- be capable and competent of fulfilling the role to a high standard;
- have obtained at least Grade D3 in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate Examination (higher, ordinary, applied or vocational programmes) or equivalent or have passed an examination at the appropriate level within the QQI qualifications framework which can be assessed as being of a comparable to Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent or higher or have appropriate relevant experience which encompasses equivalent skills and expertise;
- Knowledge and understanding of public procurement processes, policy framework and systems
- Two years’ previous experience in public procurement
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Ability to work well within a team
- Goal-oriented and target driven
- Qualification in Procurement or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of construction related public procurement in Ireland
- Expenditure analysis
Willing to undertake ongoing further training and development to keep skills and expertise up to date.
The appointee to the Staff Officer (Grade V) post will be required to show evidence of the following competencies:
- Consults and encourages the full engagement of the team, encouraging open and constructive discussions around work issues
- Gets the best out of individuals and the team, encouraging good performance and addressing any performance issues that may arise
- Values and supports the development of others and the team
- Encourages and supports new and more effective ways of working
- Deals with tensions within the team in a constructive fashion
- Encourages, listens to and acts on feedback from the team to make improvements
- Actively shares information, knowledge and expertise to help the team to meet it’s objectives
Analysis and Decision Making
- Effectively deals with a wide range of information sources, investigating all relevant issues
- Understands the practical implication of information in relation to the broader context in which s/he works – procedures, divisional objectives etc
- Identifies and understands key issues and trends
- Correctly extracts & interprets numerical information, conducting accurate numerical calculations
- Draws accurate conclusions & makes balanced and fair recommendations backed up with evidence
Delivery of Results
- Takes ownership of tasks and is determined to see them through to a satisfactory conclusion
- Is logical and pragmatic in approach, setting objectives and delivering the best possible results with the resources available through effective prioritisation
- Constructively challenges existing approaches to improve efficient customer service delivery
- Accurately estimates time parameters for project, making contingencies to overcome obstacles
- Minimises errors, reviewing learning and ensuring remedies are in place
- Maximises the input of own team in ensuring effective delivery of results
- Ensures proper service delivery procedures/protocols/reviews are in place and implemented
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Modifies communication approach to suit the needs of a situation/ audience
- Actively listens to the views of others
- Liaises with other groups to gain co-operation
- Negotiates, where necessary, in order to reach a satisfactory outcome
- Maintains a focus on dealing with customers in an effective, efficient and respectful manner
- Is assertive and professional when dealing with challenging issues
- Expresses self in a clear and articulate manner when speaking and in writing
Specialist Knowledge, Expertise and Self Development
- Displays high levels of skills/ expertise in own area and provides guidance to colleagues
- Has a clear understanding of the role, objectives and targets and how they support the service delivered by the unit and Department/ Organisation and can communicate this to the team
- Leads by example, demonstrating the importance of development by setting time aside for development initiatives for self and the team
Drive & Commitment to Public Service Values
- Is committed to the role, consistently striving to perform at a high level
- Demonstrates flexibility and openness to change
- Is resilient and perseveres to obtain objectives despite obstacles or setbacks
- Ensures that customer service is at the heart of own/team work
- Is personally honest and trustworthy
- Acts with integrity and encourages this in others
Please see attached information guide for more information
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application