Panel of Music Educators : (Violin, choral, early years whole class musicianship) KW439/JAN20
|Various locations in Co. Wicklow|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 30/01/2020||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 14/01/2020|
MUSIC EDUCATORS – VIOLIN, CHORAL, EARLY YEARS WHOLE CLASS MUSICIANSHIP.
KILDARE AND WICKLOW EDUCATION AND TRAINING BOARD ON BEHALF OF MUSIC GENERATION WICKLOW IS CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Code 437/JAN20 – Panel of Music Educators : (Violin, choral, early years whole class musicianship )
Candidates must have prior experience in delivering musical tuition to young people and have proven performance experience. These placements will be based in West Wicklow and access to a car will be essential.
This is a part-time post.
Further details available from our website www.vecvacancies.ie/wicklow
For more information, details of posts, information on the programmes for delivery and to apply for the post(s) please go to www.kwetb.ie or call 0404 60500.
Closing date for receipt of final applications is 12 noon on the Thursday 30th January 2020. Interviews will be held in early February.
.• All appointments are subject to the approval of Kildare and Wicklow Education and Training Board
• Garda Vetting is Mandatory
• Continued Professional Development by Music Generation Wicklow attendance is Mandatory
• Appointment is to Kildare and Wicklow Education and Training Board
• Shortlisting of applicants may apply
• Canvassing will disqualify
• Late applications will not be considered
• KWETB is positive to disability and an equal opportunities employer
The role of the Music Tutors recruited under this process will be to:
- Design and deliver high quality music education programmes in venues primarily based in West Wicklow (this area includes Carnew, Baltinglass, Dunlavin, Donard, Blessington)
- Work within guidelines developed for specific programmes by Music Generation Wicklow
- Lead weekly or one off sessions in a classroom or group context
- Be able to plan, execute and evaluate teaching sessions for the full academic year
- Liaise with the Music Generation Manager and West Wicklow Co-ordinator.
- Attend any continuing professional development opportunities integrated into the post
- Provide feedback and evaluation as to the development of the programme and the learning achievement of students
- Be in a position to deliver a full academic year of music strand where applicable
- Successful applicants will be placed on a panel for part-time employment when opportunities arise for their particular area of expertise.
Applicants may have either of the following, which should be clear in your application:
- An appropriate qualification in music
- Ideally will have a teaching qualification but not essential
- Evidence of attendance at relevant continuing professional development opportunities such as master classes, music education courses is desirable
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application