Special Needs Assistant in Coláiste Chraobh Abhann, Kilcoole, Co Wicklow - KW329/Aug19
|Coláiste Chraobh Abhann, Kilcoole, Co Wicklow.|
|Salary: See Description for Details|
|Closing Date: 23/08/2019||Closing Time: 12:00|
|Recruitment start: 13/08/2019|
Kildare and Wicklow ETB invites applications for the post of Special Needs Assistant 32 hours per week (2019/2020 School Session) in
Coláiste Chraobh Abhann, Kilcoole, Co Wicklow - KW329/Aug19
Garda Vetting is Mandatory
Qualifications, Salary Scale and Conditions of Service in accordance with the regulations of the Department of Education and Skills.
Appointment is to Kildare and Wicklow Educations and Training Board.
Shortlisting of applicants may take place Canvassing will disqualify
Late applications will not be considered.
KWETB is positive to disability and an equal opportunities employer.
Applications for this post should be made online before the deadline of 12 noon on 23rd August 2019.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Deirdre Keyes CHIEF EXECUTIVE
The SNA provides the necessary non-teaching services to pupils with assessed educational needs. The SNA acts in a care and support role that is non-teaching in nature and works under the guidance and supervision of the Principal and class teacher. The SNA's primary function is to ensure the care and support needs of the students are met on a daily basis. Please see attached description and person specification for more details.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- The ability to build good relationships with pupils and colleagues/adults.
- A passion for working with children and the ability to manage groups of pupils.
- Ability to manage difficult behaviour effectively.
- Flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good record-keeping and report-writing skills with ICT skills an advangtage.
- Shows discretion in sensitive situations.
- The minimum standard of education for appointment to the post of SNA is QQI (FETAC) Level 3 major qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications, OR a minimum of three grade Ds in the Junior Certificate, OR Equivalent. [Circular 0021/2011]. Please see attached description and person specification for more details.
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application