Student Support Worker with Wicklow and Rathnew School Completion Programme, Ashford National School, Ashford, Co Wicklow ,- KW313/AUG19
|Ashford National School, Ashford, Co Wicklow||Salary: See Description for Details|
|Project and Program Management||Temporary/Contract/Project|
|Closing Date: 22/08/2019||Recruitment start: 07/08/2018|
Student Support Worker with Wicklow and Rathnew School Completion Programme, Ashford National School, Ashford, Co Wicklow ,- KW313/AUG19 -Term Time only - 20 hpw
Fixed Term Contract. The School Completion Programme is part of the Education Welfare Service strand of TUSLA, Child and Family Agency. This is an initiative which aims to have a positive impact on levels of pupil retention in primary and post-primary schools and on the number of pupils who successfully complete upper second level, or equivalent. • Posts and appointments are subject to the approval of Department of Education & Skills. • Qualifications, Salary Scale and Conditions of Service in accordance with the regulations of the Department of Education and Skills. • Appointment is to Kildare and Wicklow Education and Training Board. • Shortlisting of applicants may take place. • Canvassing will disqualify. • Late applications will not be considered. • KWETB is positive to disability and an equal opportunities employer. Applications for this post should be made online at www.etbvacancies.ie. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Thursday, 22nd August 2019. If you have any queries, please email email@example.com or phone Jessica at 0404 60542 .
Dr Deirdre Keyes, Chief Executive
Under the guidance and supervision of the Principal of each participating school in the Cluster, a Student Support staff member’s duties will include the following;
- To report and work under the direction of WRAN School Completion Programme’s School Principals in each participating school in relation to the provision of individualised Student Supports for children identified for resources by each school.
- Tracking of Attendance of the young persons on the Target List in each of the Cluster’s schools.
- To provide direct support to the young people designated for this support in each of the schools via participation in activities as agreed by the each participating school in conjunction with SCP Co-ordinator during term-time.
The Candidate should have
· An interest in working with young persons in an educational locus.
· An aptitude for working in an educational setting with a professional attitude.
· An ability to work with minimal supervision with a positive and energetic approach .
· Ability to use one’s initiative and common sense
Already a member of our Talent Pool? Login here to Apply
Join our Talent Pool + submit your application